I was invited to speak at the SME Rapid show in Detroit.
This was a great show with some fantastic technology on display. the new generation of laser sintering is quite amazing! If you can talk your boss into it, i would suggest supporting SME and checking out the show. I hear it will be in Florida next year. My purpose this year was to participate on a special panel set up to speak and answer customer questions on Interoperability. On the panel were:
- Asa Trainer, Director Product Management, PTC
- Aaron Kelly, Senior Product Manager, Solidworks
- Kevin Schneider, Senior Solutions Evangelist, Autodesk
- Graham McKendry, Customer Support Manager, Cimmetry
- Dr. Jim Gordon, Deputy VP of Development, Kubotek
- Scott Hibner, Sales Director The Americas, Actify
- Unable to make the morning panel was Andy Reilly, CATIA Business Development Director, Dassault Systèmes
We had a constructive discussion on many aspects of collaboration and had a chance to talk about the announcements of the new native translators available for Inventor on Autodesk LABS. If you have not yet downloaded these I suggest you give them a try.
My take away was that customers were happy to finaly see CAD companies working together to help fix what has been a difficult problem in the past; reliable exchange of data.